Recruiting body: Scottish Borders Disability Sport Group
Closing date: Friday 2nd February 2018
Scottish Borders Disability Sport Group (SBDSG) is a voluntary sport group where the main aim is to lead in the development of sport for people with physical, sensory or learning disabilities in partnership with key local agencies, including Live Borders and Scottish Borders Council. SBDSG is a member branch of Scottish Disability Sport (SDS) who are the governing body of sport for athletes and players with a physical, sensory or learning disability. SBDSG have achieved SDS Minimum Operating Requirements (MOR) which ensures all governance is up to date and appropriate. The committee of SBDSG now wishes to appoint new committee members to join the branch.
Role Title – Committee Member (voluntary)
Organisation – Scottish Borders Disability Sport Group (SBDSG)
Responsible to – Scottish Borders Disability Sport Group committee
Location – Scottish Borders (committee meetings mainly held in Galashiels)
Contract – This is a voluntary position but all reasonable expenses will be paid. Committee members will be expected to attend branch meetings (held 4-6 times per year), support the branch to maintain SDS Minimum Operating Requirements and support the chairperson in driving the branch forward. The Level of time commitment is flexible and will be tailored to suit the applicant’s current commitments and the needs of the branch.
Term – 1 year (with the option to extend)
|SKILLS REQUIRED:||· Enthusiastic
· Prepared to make a regular time commitment
· Prepared to make decisions when necessary
· Passionate about disability sport
- Responsibility for attending committee management meetings and reporting back to appropriate members with matters arising from meeting (if required).
- When unable to attend meetings, send apologies along with a short report to the Secretary for the minutes.
- Complete trustee’s declaration.
- Be familiar with SBDSG constitution, clubs/organisation committee procedures and the SBDSG rules and regulations.
- Vote on SBDSG matters when asked to and attend EGM and AGM meetings.
- To support SBDSG to ensure SDS Minimum Operating Standards are kept up to date and complete.
- To be part of sub groups of the committee when required (i.e. funding and events calendar subgroups).
- Support the chairperson in the work of SBDSG.
- Actively supporting the committee’s fundraising activities.
Interviews – Wednesday 7th February 2018
All applicants should send a note of interest to email@example.com detailing why you are interested in the role and any relevant skills and experience.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact Mark Gaffney on the above email or phone the SDS office on 0131 317 1130.