Grampian Disability Sport (GDS) is a voluntary sport group where the main aim is to lead in the development of sport for people with physical, sensory or learning disability in partnership with key local agencies in the three local authority areas of Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray. GDS is a member branch of Scottish Disability Sport (SDS) who are the governing body of sport for athletes and players with a physical, sensory or learning disability. The committee of Grampian Disability Sport now wishes to appoint a new chair to lead the branch.
Role Title – Chairperson of Grampian Disability Sport (voluntary)
Organisation – Grampian Disability Sport (GDS)
Responsible to – Grampian Disability Sport Committee
Location – Aberdeen
Contract – This is a voluntary position but all reasonable expenses will be paid. The chairperson is expected to attend branch meetings, held 10 times per year, sub group meetings and other branch events such as sports events as available. The Level of time commitment is flexible and will be tailored to suit the applicant’s current commitments and the needs of the branch.
Term – Minimum 1 year (can be re-elected at annual AGM)
|SKILLS REQUIRED:||· Enthusiastic
· Well organised
· Prepared to make a regular time commitment
· To become a PVG Scheme Member through GDS
· Prepared to make instant decisions when necessary
· Confident at keeping order during meetings.
- To lead GDS in ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities for the governance of the organisation by ensuring that GDS acts in accordance with its constitution and by managing its activities.
- GDS to maintain SDS Minimum Operating Requirements, supported by SDS.
- Optimise the relationship between GDS and its member clubs and volunteers.
- Take responsibility for managing the committee and the affairs of the branch.
- Oversee and guide all decisions taken by the committee and sub committees
- In conjunction with the secretary and treasurer, prepare and present the annual report and annual OSCR report
- Liaise with the secretary on the Agenda for each meeting and approve the minutes before they are circulated
- Liaise with the Treasurer to ensure that funds are spent properly and in the best interests of the club
- If unable to attend any committee meeting, a written report should be sent to the meeting and the Vice Chairman briefed on the Agenda
Friday 19 January 2018 (This date can be flexible if required)
All applicants should send a note of interest to Jennifer.email@example.com detailing why you are interested and any relevant skills and experience relevant to the position applied for.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact Jennifer Livingstone on the above email or phone the SDS office on 0131 317 1170.