SDS would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who voted for and supported the Engage Project. We are delighted to announce that you have helped us to be awarded the full amount of the funding bid.
In case you missed the announcement, you can see the winning moment on STV Player here:
About the Engage Project
This will have a significant impact on many people and communities across the whole of Scotland. The Engage Project will bring the benefits of sport to people with disabilities across Scotland by introducing them to a variety of sports, offering new opportunities to take part and training local volunteers to include people with disabilities in their sessions.
Sport can be life changing; sport through the Engage Project can open a whole new world to people with disabilities.
What will the Project do?
This funding will enable SDS to provide the following opportunities:
- Wheels to Water Engagement Day – see photos from 2015 here
- Boccia Engagement Day
- Swimming Engagement Day
- Residential summer camp – see photos from 2015 here
- Wheelchair extravaganza
- Visual Impairment Multi Sport Day – see photos from 2016 here
New Participation Opportunities
- 6 new boccia participation opportunities across Scotland
- 4 new learn to swim opportunities across Scotland
Training for Coaches and Volunteers
- Disability Inclusion Training for Coaches and Volunteers
- Boccia Leaders Training
- Inclusive Teacher Workshops for Swim Teachers