Recruiting body: South Lanarkshire Disability Sport
Closing date: Friday 24 February 2017
South Lanarkshire Disability Sport (SLDS) is a voluntary sport group where the main aim is to lead in the development of sport for people with physical, sensory or learning disabilities in partnership with key local agencies in the four local authority areas of Camglen, Hamilton, Clydedale, East Kilbride. SLDS is a member branch of Scottish Disability Sport (SDS) who are the governing body of sport for athletes and players with a physical, sensory or learning disability. SLDS achieved SDS Minimum Operating Requirements (MOR) which ensures all governance is up to date and appropriate. The committee of SLDS now wishes to appoint a new chair to lead the branch.
Role Title – Chairperson (voluntary)
Organisation – South Lanarkshire Disability Sport (SLDS)
Responsible to – South Lanarkshire Disability Sport committee
Location – South Lanarkshire
Contract – This is a voluntary position but all reasonable expenses will be paid. The chairperson is expected to attend branch meetings, held 4 times per year, club development steering group meetings and other branch events (as available). The Level of time commitment is flexible and will be tailored to suit the applicant’s current commitments and the needs of the branch.
Term – Minimum 2 year (can be re-elected at annual AGM)
- Well organised
- Prepared to make a regular time commitment
- To become a PVG Scheme Member through SLDS
- Prepared to make instant decisions when necessary
- Confident at keeping order during meetings
To lead the trustee body in ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities for the governance of the organisation by ensuring that the charity acts in accordance with its constitution and by managing its activities.
- SLDS to maintain SDS Minimum Operating Requirements, supported by SDS.
- To optimise the relationship between the trustee body and its staff/volunteers.
- Take responsibility for managing the committee and the affairs of the branch.
- Oversee and guide all decisions taken by the committee and sub committees
- In conjunction with the secretary, prepare and present the annual report
- Liaise with the secretary on the agenda for each meeting and approve the minutes before they are circulated
- Be completely familiar with the constitution, branch rules, committee procedures and SDS MOR
- Liaise with the Treasurer to ensure that funds are spent properly and in the best interests of the branch
- Help to prepare and submit any statutory documents that are required (e.g. VAT, grant aid reports)
- If unable to attend any committee meetings, a written report should be sent to the meeting and the Vice Chairman briefed on the agenda
Monday 6 March 2017 (This date can be flexible if required)
All applicants should send a note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you are interested in the role and any relevant skills and experience.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact Jennifer Livingstone on the above email or phone the SDS office on 0131 317 1170.