Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League
About the Opportunity
Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League (SWRL) is seeking to recruit new board members to drive the growth of wheelchair rugby league in Scotland: a fast, dynamic sport which offers the opportunity for all to participate and reach their potential. The role will also see the Board support the SWRL international team’s participation in its programme of events and tournaments.
The role will see successful candidates join an enthusiastic and motivated team to develop the future shape and strategy of SWRL. We are particularly keen to attract members who have experience of any of the following:
- Sponsorship / fundraising / marketing;
- IT / electronic media;
- Legal and commercial; and
Candidates will be committed to working towards developing and delivering the vision of SWRL, attending meetings on a regular basis and taking forward key activities. If you have the enthusiasm coupled with relevant skills/experience or for more information, please contact us.
About Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League
Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League is the governing body of wheelchair rugby league in Scotland. Its mission is to:
- Grow and establish wheelchair rugby league in Scotland as a sport of choice for all, creating opportunities for anyone to participate and enjoy the game.
- Provide a player development pathway that supports all to reach their potential, whilst ensuring a strong ethos for developing qualified coaches and officials to further support the sport.
- Develop a sustainable game and vibrant Scotland Wheelchair Rugby League community, supported by teams and fixtures.
- Develop key partnerships that are beneficial for all.
When you can do this
The board meets on a regular basis, at least once a month. These meetings may take place in different locations and participation may be by call.
Skills and Experience
Knowledge of wheelchair rugby league is not essential. SWRL is looking for individuals with drive and commitment to see the sport grow and a willingness to attend regular meetings and the activities of SWRL.
Administrative / office work
Reimburse reasonable expenses, public transport and mileage.
Frequency & Commitment
A commitment to attend board meetings and take forward the activities of SWRL. This normally equates to c.½ – 1 day per month.
Please contact the following for further information: