Stirling Court Hotel, University of Stirling, FK9 4LA
Scottish Disability Sport would like to invite coaches to register for the Reflections on Rio: Development Coach Conference 2017. There is no cost to attend as SDS recognizes the huge contribution coaches make to disability sport in Scotland.
A video of the 2014 conference can be seen here.
The day will begin at 0930 with registration, for a 1000 start, and will close at 1530. Workshop topics will include:
- Athlete Support – the transition periods of an athlete and how coaches can support the athlete through these transition phases;
- Leadership and Mentoring – exploring the leadership role of a coach and how to support successful practice;
- Understanding the basic principles of performance nutrition and hydration to support para athlete training and recovery;
- Developing a strength and conditioning programme for para athletes.
- Communication – the use of technology for ensuring communication is relevant to the needs of adults and children with a variety of disabilities;
- Planning and periodisation for coaches – consideration will be given to goal setting, competition and coping with unforeseen circumstances.
In addition, there will be keynote addresses from Nik Diaper, EIS head of sport science and sport medicine (Paralympic sports), and Matt Hammond ,GB Boccia Performance Manager. The day will also include a discussion panel of athletes, players and coaches on topical issues, future aspirations, and an opportunity for questions from the floor. The closing remarks will be made by Mike Whittingham, sportscotland Director of High Performance.
The information and registration pack can be downloaded here.