Grampian Disability Sport Chairperson
Recruiting body: Grampian Disability Sport
Closing date: Friday 25 November 2016
Grampian Disability Sport (GDS) is a voluntary sport group whose main aim is to lead in the development of sport for people with physical, sensory or learning disabilities in partnership with key local agencies in the three local authority areas of Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray. GDS is a member branch of Scottish Disability Sport (SDS) who are the governing body of sport for athletes and players with a physical, sensory or learning disability. The committee of Grampian Disability Sport now wishes to appoint a new chair to lead the branch.
Role Title – Chairperson of Grampian Disability Sport (voluntary)
Organisation – Grampian Disability Sport (GDS)
Responsible to – Grampian Disability Sport Committee
Location – Aberdeen
Contract – This is a voluntary position but all reasonable expenses will be paid. The chairperson is expected to attend branch meetings, held 10 times per year, and other branch events (as available). The Level of time commitment is flexible and will be tailored to suit the applicants current commitments and the needs of the branch.
Term – Minimum 1 year (can be re-elected at annual AGM)
- Well organised
- Prepared to make a regular time commitment
- To become a PVG Scheme Member through GDS
- Prepared to make instant decisions when necessary
- Confident at keeping order during meetings
- To lead the trustee body in ensuring that it fulfils its responsibilities for the governance of the organisation by ensuring that the charity acts in accordance with its constitution and by managing its activities.
- To optimise the relationship between the trustee body and its staff/volunteers.
- Take responsibility for managing the executive committee and the affairs of the club Oversee and guide all decisions taken by the committee and sub committees
- In liaison with the Volunteer Co-ordinator, oversee the work of all officers
- In conjunction with the secretary, prepare and present the annual report
- Liaise with the secretary on the Agenda for each meeting and approve the minutes before they are circulated
- Be completely familiar with the constitution, club rules, committee procedures and the NGB rules and regulations
- Liaise with the Treasurer to ensure that funds are spent properly and in the best interests of the club
- Help to prepare and submit any statutory documents that are required (e.g. VAT, grant aid reports)
- If unable to attend any committee meeting, a written report should be sent to the meeting and the Vice Chairman briefed on the Agenda
Monday 12 December 2016 (This date can be flexible if required)
All applicants should send a note of interest to Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you are interested in the role and any relevant skills and experience.
If you have any questions or would like more information please contact Jennifer Livingstone on the above email or phone the SDS office on 0131 317 1170.