Cycling (tandem pilot)
Bonito Squadra Corse
Fiona’s husband Andy introduced her to cycling in 2003 and when she demonstrated talent she joined her local cycling club Ythan CC. Initially Fiona entered L’Etape de Tour and then some local time trials and she then went on to selection for the GB Police Team (PSUK) at the European Police Championships in 2008 where the ladies’ team won silver. Fiona subsequently won the Scottish Police College fitness prize twice.
Fiona was introduced to tandem piloting in 2010 after meeting para-cyclist sprinter Neil Fachie MBE. She started riding with Lora Turnham the same year and they won a silver medal at the Para Cycling Track World Championships in 2011 after riding together for just six weeks.
- 2011 – UCI Para-Cycling World Cup: Road Race 3rd; Road Time Trial 2ns
- 2011 – UCI Para-Cycling World Championships: 3km Pursuit 2nd
- 2012 – UCI Para-Cycling World Cup: Road Time Trial 1st
- 2012 – Gold medal with Lora Turnham at the World Cup Time Trial in Segovia
- 2012 – London Paralympic Games: Road Race 7th; Time Trial 8th; 3km Pursuit 4th; 1km Time Trial 4th
- 2013 – UCI Para-Cycling World Cup Road Time Trial 2nd
- 2013 – UCI International Cup Sprint 3rd; 1km Time Trial 2nd
- 2014 Newport International Cup Sprint – 3rd