Play is for Everyone!
Come along and try our new weekly softplay sessions for children with additional support needs at the Royal Commonwealth Pool.
Play is an essential part of growing up for all children. Regular play supports children to lead a healthy active life, encouraging their learning, developing their confidence and creating opportunities for them to develop friendships.
At Edinburgh Leisure we believe that play is for everyone. We recognise that some children and families need more support than others to get active and stay active. For some children with additional support needs a busy softplay session might feel overwhelming. Within our Clambers softplay at the Royal Commonwealth Pool we’ve created a specific session for children with additional support needs.
These sessions have been specifically designed to provide an inclusive service for children with additional support needs. We feel the sessions will be appropriate for families of children with additional support needs, e.g. Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Sight and Hearing Impairments, Global Developmental Delay, and Genetic Disorders.
What do you need to know?
- The sessions will take place every Wednesday morning from 9am-10am at our Clambers softplay, Royal Commonwealth Pool.
- Clambers offers opportunities for all children to have an amazing adventure with carefully designed baby, toddler and junior zones.
- There’s a comfortable cafe with uninterrupted views serving quality coffee with tasty (and healthy) treats for both parents and kids.
- Siblings without additional support needs are very welcome to attend the sessions too. We want the whole family to be able to play and get active together.
- Sessions are priced at £1.10 for children aged 0-11months, £4.20 for children aged 12month-3years, £5.20 for children aged 4years and up.