This workshop supports swimming teachers and coaches to ensure deaf young people are fully included in swimming activities. Teachers and coaches will learn how to make small & simple changes to make activities deaf-friendly and develop confidence communicating with deaf children and young people. Teachers will also learn basic British Sign Language and lots of swimming specific signs.
Training will cover:
- The impact of deafness on young people
- Communication methods
- How to adapt your activities
- Tips for welcoming deaf children
- Guidance on engaging with deaf children in your area
- BSL specific to swimming lessons
Date: Sunday 11 September 2016
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: Gordon Centre (Sport Aberdeen), Corunna Road, Aberdeen AB23 8DU
N.B. This is for swimming teachers/coaches only – not suitable for lifeguards, duty mangers, etc.